As the name indicates this annual sevas in Tirumala is nothing but an artistic wedding of Lord Venkateswara and Goddess Padmavathi which is celebrated in Vaiskham( second month of Telugu calendar)- generally falls in the month of May.
This Ritual takes place in Narayanagiri gardens located next to Tirumala and has a length of 1.4 KM with rare species of beautiful flowers. This annual seva is a three day festival which is performed in the evening times on Vaisakha Navami, Dasami and Ekadasi.
On day one, Lord Venkateswara ( deity of Sri Malayappa Swami) comes on Gaja Vahanam( Elephant) followed by Aswa Vahanam(horse) on second day and Garuda Vahanam( Eagle) on the third day while his consorts Sridevi and Bhudevi arrives on separate Palanquins.
The wedding ceremony takes place inside the Parinaya Mandapam of Narayanagiri gardens which is finely decorated with festive lightings and beautiful flowers. The ritual is performed as per Hindu marriage traditions.
- Edurukolu: The bridegroom (Lord Venkateswara) is received by the people on bride’s (Goddess Padmavathi) side.
- Vastra Dharanam: This is followed after seating both Malayappa Swami and his consorts inside Parinaya hall. Traditional clothes are offered to the three deities.
- Main Ritual: All the marriage ceremony will be carried out starting from Kanyadanam to Mangalya dharanam and Thalambaralu.
- Pula Banthata: As the name indicates flowers are made into a big ball and are played between Malayappa Swami and his consorts.
- Crackers: After the marriage ceremony, firing of crackers takes place. This is the additional charm to the entire ceremony.
- Koluvu: This is last part of the ritual. Vedic hymns along with devotional songs are sung by descendants of Tallapaka Annamayya. After that all the deities are taken to the temple.
Padmavathi Parinayam Sevas Booking:
The ritual starts at 4.00 PM on these three days. It starts with bringing of Utsava vigrahas from the main temple. Tickets can be booked in advance in all TTD e-portals. Recommendation from higher officials will get you tickets hours before the seva.
The Annual seva tickets cost is Rs1000/- per head. Two big laddus along with 2 Vadas will be given to each ticket holder. A silk cloth upper and a blouse piece offered to the deities during ritual will also be given.