The Temple of Seven Hills:
The temple of Lord Venkateswara situated on the Seshachalam hills range (called tirumala hills) in Chittoor District is one of the most famous Vaishnavite Temple. The Tirumala hills comprises of seven peaks called Seshadri, Neeladri, Garudadri, Anjanadri, Vrushabhadri, Narayanadri and Venkatadri representing the seven heads of Adhisesha. The temple lies on Venkatadri –the seventh peak and hence it is also called “The Temple of Seven Hills”
Tirumala Tirupati Temple Maintenance:
The Tirumala Tirupati temple is maintained by a trust board called Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam(TTD). The temple attracts about 50,000 to 70,000 pilgrim’s every day. On festivals and special occasions about 100,000 pilgrims worship Lord Balaji on the grounds of Kaliyuga Vaikuntam. To manage enormous Devotees visiting the temple, TTD had constructed two Vaikuntam Queue Complexes. These complexes will have rooms where Devotees can sit and wait until their turn for Darshan.
For the sake of huge number of pilgrims visiting tirumala, TTD has initiated effective systems for darshanam.
There are mainly six types of Tirumala Tirupati darshans
Tirumala Tirupati Sarva darshanam:
This is a free darshan which means “Darshan for all” where the pilgrims wait in the compartments of Vaikuntham Queue Complex-2 for their turn to catch the glimpse of Lord Srinivasa.(It takes about 8-12 hrs on normal days and bout 14-20 hrs on holidays and special occasions).The timings for Sarvadarsanam differ from day to day. Please refer the weekly temple programmer for the timings.
The complex is a series of inter-connected rooms that leads to the main temple.TTD provides a wide range of facilities for the devotees in the Queue Complex
- Milk, Coffee & Tea along with Annaprasadam are provided to the waiting pilgrims for free at regular intervals. Purified Drinking water is also available.
- Free Medical facility is also provided in case of need.
- The toilets are well maintained.
Tirumala Tirupati Seegra darshanam or Special Entry Darshan:
|This is a Special darshan introduced to provide quick darshanam for the pilgrims. The cost per head is Rs 300/- and each ticket offers two Laddus for free. The tickets can be taken around the clock. Advanced booking is also available in counters and through online portal. The slots will be allotted depending upon the number of devotees visiting the temple. The pilgrims can also make Hundi offerings while booking the tickets.|
- Seegra Darshanma or Special Entry Darshan Booking Price – Rs. 300/-
- 10 members are allowed at a time and each member will get 2 laddus.
- You can book online at ttdsevaonline.com.
- Pilgrims can book Special Entry Darshan tickets for the current day 3 hours prior to Darshan Slot subject to availability of Quota.
- 3 months in advance you can book the tickets.
- Pilgrims can make eHundi Offering while booking Darshan tickets.
- Reporting time will be 1 hour before darshan time.
Tirumala Tirupati Divya Darshanam:
This is the darshan for pedestrians to kaliyuga vaikuntam through Alipiri or Srivari Mettlu. A free luggage counter has been arranged at Alipiri(The Foot Hill of Tirumala) where pilgrims can deposit their belongings and collect them after reaching Tirumala.
- The most commonly used way to reach the main Temple is through Alipiri which is almost 7kms long, approximately 3700 steps. This is a 24×7 route and tickets for Divya Darshan are issued at Galigopuram.
- The shortest and other way to reach Tirumala is by using Srivari Mettlu. This is located near Srinivasa Magapuram at a distance of 12kms from Tirupathi and this way is opened from 6.00 Am to 6.00 PM and the distance to the Main Temple is only 4kms, approximately 2000 steps and tickets are issued near 1000th step.
- Divya Darshanam for the pilgrims who walkthough Alipiri and Srivari Mettu footpath routes to reach Tirumala.
- Divya Darshanam tickets are issued at free of charge.
- Free meals available at Matrusri Tarigonda Vengamamba Annaprasada Bhavan or at PAC
Tirumala Tirupati Sudarshana Token Darshanam:
The ticket cost is Rs.50/– .It is issued in all E- Darshan counters and also available online. Sudarshanam can be booked in advance to 56 days and are not required for children up to 12 years.
Tirumala Tirupati Vip Darshanam:
Tirumala Tirupati Vip darshanam timings are from 6 AM-7 AM daily. Generally the total darshan time will be 2-3 hrs.TTD cancels this darshan when there is heavy crowd.
There are 3 categories in VIP Break Darshan:
L1: VVIP’s like High cadre officials and politicians comes under this category:
- VIP darshanam timings starts from 6 AM to 7 AM.
- Allowed to in front of Idol for some time.
- Harathi, Theertham are available.
- Line will be very slow
L2: TTD employees and their families, VIP’s falls under this category.
L3: Recommendations from officials are considered for this category. Usually the line will be crowded in this type.
Tirumala Tirupati Senior citizens and physically challenged:
Challenged people, Senior citizens (above 65years), terminally ill people are allowed for darshanam at Mahadwaram, a special entrance. One supporter will be allowed along with them .They will be assisted by the scouts and guides. Wheel chairs are available at Rambaghicha guest house.
In addition to these, there is a Special Darshan for Parents Carrying Babies (up to 1year babies)/ Newlyweds, NRI’s and Defense people.
- Arranged special gate from Dakshina Mada Street
- 10 AM and 3 PM two different slots are available every day.
- Age proof and relevant medical certificates and shall report 2 hours before the respective time slot.
Tirumala Tirupati Booking for Darshans:
www.tirumala.org is the home site for TTD where all the details (Events, News, and Services) about the temple can be found. To book in advance for Segra Darshan and Sudarshanam visit www.ttdsevaonline.com. TTD has its offices located in almost every district where the tickets for Darshans and Sevas can be booked in advance.
Tirupati Darshan Instructions:
- At Entry, Pilgrims must produce the photo id proof.
- All the pilgrims in group ticket have to report together.
- The pilgrims do not carry any luggage/cell phones/cameras/electronic gadgets while reporting.
- TTD reserves the right of cancellation of Darshan under special circumstances.
- Please Contact our 24/7 help desk for queries at 1 800 425 333333 and 1800 425 4141
Tirupati Temple Darshan Dress Code:
Male Tradition Dresswear at Tirumala:
Female Tradition Dresswear at Tirumala:
- Half Saree,
- Chudidar with Dupatta
Entry with footwear is not permitted into the queue lines, made streets and temple.
Though it takes about 3-20hrs for the Tirupati Tirumala darshans depending on the type we choose, all our struggles will be forgotten at the sight of Lord Venkateswara. The TTD maintains a very healthy atmosphere and takes care of the pilgrims. The hill range is one of the most beautiful places on the face of earth. There are many tourist places in and around Tirumala. It is said that there is a hidden village present in the core of the hills where Lord srinivasa’s beautiful flower garden is located.
Every Vishnu Devotee must visit this sacred place at least once in their lifetime.
Call now for Car Rentals in Tirupati 9000177266 / 8310775735